Telegram Trigger Webhook 404 errors

Describe the problem/error/question

Getting a 404 error when trying to access the Telegram webhook, both the test and production hooks. Hooks for other nodes do work correctly so I know I have the URL and forwarding set up correctly within the network.

What is the error message (if any)?

Test webhook yields:
{“code”:404,“message”:“This webhook is not registered for GET requests. Did you mean to make a POST request?”,“hint”:“Click the ‘Execute workflow’ button on the canvas, then try again. (In test mode, the webhook only works for one call after you click this button)”}

Production webhook yields:
{“code”:404,“message”:“The requested webhook "GET 977435c5-47f2-4ffe-8b73-758f290fd379/webhook" is not registered.”,“hint”:“The workflow must be active for a production URL to run successfully. You can activate the workflow using the toggle in the top-right of the editor. Note that unlike test URL calls, production URL calls aren’t shown on the canvas (only in the executions list)”}

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

No input is triggered by Telegram.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.27.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): postgres 11
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker-Compose
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04

Hey @chop249,

If sounds like the url is incorrect, assuming it isn’t localhost still, where are you seeing the error messages?

Hi @Jon, I can pm you the actual url but the ones produced by n8n work for the Facebook node. I have the webhook domain setup in the docker compose file and yes it is no longer localhost. I can start the test and/or have the workflow active, copy the webhook and place it in a browser and I get the results listed above. Attaching a screenshot of the production webhook with the workflow activated.

Hey @chop249,

The URL is not designed to work from a browser so I would expect the browser to fail, What happens if you set the telegram node to listen for everything then run it and send a message to your bot?

@Jon got it finally. Now my problem is I can’t pass the image to X or LinkedIn. Do you know of a thread that shows how to accomplish this? Spending WAY too much time on dead ends… I can pass the URL and it show as a URL but not populate the image in the Tweet or LinkedIn post. Kind of defeats the purpose of a visual media.

Hey @chop249,

Do you have an example workflow that is failing? It should be a case of getting the binary data and sharing it if the nodes support it.