Test Webhook Receives No Data on N8N Community, But Works Fine In N8N Cloud

Describe the problem/error/question

I am using gravity forms to collect new customer information. I’m trying to process that data with N8N.

I have a N8N Cloud Install that I setup to test the app out. When I run a webhook trigger and listen for data from the Gravity Forms webhook, it pick up the data instantly and I can continue with the workflow.

I setup N8N Community on a server with elest.io and setup a custom sub-domain for it (n8n . mywebsite . com), which is where i get to the N8N interface.

The webhook test url looks like this n8n.mywebsite . com / webhooks / uridata…

When I send gravity forms webhook to this url, N8N Community never receives data.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

What is the error message (if any)?

None. It recieves no data.

Please share your workflow

It’s just a webhook trigger right now. I can’t get past that.

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.31.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): whatever default elestio setting are
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): don’t know what this means
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Elestio
  • Operating system: elestio

You generally said that it doesn’t work, but did not provide any data, even if there is spelling problem it’s hard to find it remotely. But as I did find on their website they should provide you with support, so maybe you should ask them.

Solution was a configuration file error with the domain setup.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.