Trigger Email when Google Sheet is updated

Hey Guys,

I’m coming from Zapier and while I have it working there, I’m just struggling my butt off replicating the following in n8n.

Basically what I’m trying to achieve is to have n8n check a Google Sheet for new entries, but ONLY trigger an email when a certain (Yes/No) cell is updated.

For the life of me, I just cannot get this working.

Here’s a snapshot of what the sheet looks like:

The column is “Balance Updated?”.

By default it’s blank when the entry is made, and then I go change it to either Yes or No. If it’s Yes, n8n needs to fire off an email to the email on the line to inform them that the balance has been updated.

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for helping :slight_smile:

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version: 0.185.0
  • **Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • **Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: Default
  • **Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Hi @iamru, welcome to the community :tada:

This doesn’t exist as a trigger node in n8n yet unfortunately, but you could try this approach with some slight modifications: Identify new Google Sheets rows | n8n workflow template

Also, consider voting on the respective feature request to let our product team know that you’d love to see such a trigger.

Thanks mate.

That’s super unfortunate as this is the only reason I was considering using n8n over Zapier.

Thanks for the modification recommendation. Will give that a shot.

I mean, technically it’d be pretty much the same. So the result shouldn’t differ. Zapier will check your sheet regularly to see if something has changed behind the scenes.

This approach does the same, it’s just not hidden from you and requires a few more steps :slight_smile: