Trying and failing to add google tasks assigned to me as a new airtable record

Background:

This is my first time using n8n, I have no proper coding experience and have never set up any API connections, so it’s been really challenging getting everything set up. All I want to do is to be able to add all of my google tasks as airtable records so that I can have all of my assigned tasks in one place. My team uses Airtable for task management.

The Problem:

I get many tasks assigned to me in various google docs used by my team in different meetings. If someone assigns a task for me on a to-do list, it automatically gets added to my google tasks. See example below.

However, I’ve been unable to import these using the “get many” operation in the Google Tasks node. This only works for manually created google tasks i.e. if I go to my tasks and click “add a task”. Any tasks that are automatically added to my task list after someone has assigned a task to me in a to-do list from a google doc are not available to import and do not show up as input items.

Here is what I managed to do:

Output returned by the last node

Data I’d like to retrieve below.

The first two, “Test” and “Test 2” were created manually by clicking “add a task” and these can be imported without a problem. The Third one “test_nadja” was created after I assigned a task to myself in a google document. This task does not show up in the input/output.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 20.07.00

Request

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I need to be able to import all tasks assigned to me. Thank you in advance!

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:?
  • Database (default: SQLite):?
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):?
  • Running n8n via: n8n cloud
  • Operating system: macOS Monterey Vesion 12.6.5

Hey @Nadja_S

According to the Google Tasks API documentation and the Google Workspace Issue Tracker, shared task lists are not accessible through the Google Tasks API.

That is the reason why they do not appear when listing them in your Workflow with the Google Tasks node.

As you can see in the IssueTracker, this is a feature that has been requested almost three years ago that has not yet been implemented.

3 Likes

Ah, it finally makes sense. Thank you very much for the info!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.