Twitter: OAuth Authorization Error There was a problem generating the authorization URL Unknown error

Hello -

When adding my first set of Twitter Credentials to N8N, I get the error:

OAuth Authorization Error
There was a problem generating the authorization URL
Unknown error

I followed the N8N Twitter doc here: Twitter - n8n Documentation

I am running N8N Version 0.206.1 - I use the command “npx n8n” to start N8N which always starts the same version even when I follow the update steps.

My biggest question: How do I fix the Twitter OAuth error?

Thank you

Hi @n8n_rookie, as for using a more recent version of n8n perhaps you can use npx n8n@latest instead? This should start the most recent version of n8n:

As for the actual problem, there might be two things at play here. One is that Twitter doesn’t easily grant access to their API v1 anymore (which is the version used by n8n). Until n8n adds support for Twitter’s API v2 you could consider using the generic HTTP Request node to interact with this API. In the past, this approach worked for me and supports man (but not all) API endpoints.

The second problem is that Twitter has started blocking some external applications:

This might affect some clients registered by n8n users as well unfortunately.

1 Like

Thank you @MutedJam !! You fixed part of the problem with npx n8n@latest !

For the Twitter node, I am now getting a different error… which seems like progress?

OAuth Authorization Error

There was a problem generating the authorization URL
Request failed with status code 403

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.