Unable to get the downloaded file content from previous node upload to google cloud bucket

Describe the problem/error/question

Greetings, my workflow’s goal is to automatically upload a Txt file from a specific folder in my google drive to a google cloud bucket. My problem is that I can view the content of the downloaded file from google drive in the previous node. However, when I want to upload the content of this text file, I do not know what to do. I have tried the google cloud storage node with create, update, and use /not use the binary property. When I opted not to use the Binary Property, I saw an option called “File Content”. How to insert my file content into there? Please help—many thanks for considering my request.

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @Micky_Wong, welcome to the community :tada:

Based on your description I am not 100% sure about the actual data you currently have. When passing on data to your Google Cloud Storage node, are you passing on the actual content of a file or a binary object for the file itself?

Assuming it’s the former you can reference the content in n8n using an expression such as {{ $json.yourFieldName }}:

In a workflow this would look like so (the HTTP Request node in my example simply fetches some dummy text):

The file appears in the Google Cloud Storage dashboard as expected:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any questions on this!

1 Like

thanks@MutedJam I will take a good look at it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.