I am using a SET node to store a few global variables that I would like to then have updated at some point further down in the workflow. How do I access that SET node in a function item node (or other?) so that I may change the value of the items in the SET node?
Welcome to the community @n8nUser!
Not sure I understand. You can not change the value on the SET node after it did execute (even if you could it would not matter as the node did already execute). You can access however the output data of the node with
$node as documented here:
And if you want to change the data in the flow to a new value you can do that by using another SET node.
I am unshure if I understand this. Is this the result:
- the value of first node is unchanged.
- Only the value of the new node is “changed”.
Is there a concept like Global Variables?
- I want to read a value from a webhook.
- If the value is empty, I want to change it to “<not set>”
- The value is parsed in the Webhook-node.
- The value is stored in a variable.
- I use an IF-node which splits the control flow.
- The branch for not empty value the flow leads direct to the last node, which is writing the data.
- In the branch for the unset value I want to change the value of the variable in a Set-node. This flow also ends in the same node as the first branch.
But in n8n I have three instances of the “same” variable with different (or unset) values.
How can I solve this? D I have to doublicate the last node?
my problem was not to RTFM: Conditional Logic
For this time…