Updated n8n, lost all workflows

I just updated from pre-1.0 to post-1.0 and in doing so it asked me to create a new user when I booted it back up, created a user with the exact same credentials as before and I can see no workflows.

Any clue where I went wrong, and if these are recoverable?

Nevermind, it’s back. My original login is back too. That was bizarre.

1 Like

Hi @EricSGS :wave: Glad this got sorted out :slight_smile: This may have been an issue with the drive mount or something similar post-upgrade, but it sounds like you don’t need to worry :tada:

Yeah, I did the update, then it wouldn’t auto-run because Node was out of date, so I updated node, then it still wouldn’t auto-run so I ran it manually (that’s when I had to create a new user and all the workflows were cone).

So I went back and updated the env file to add Node’s address and then it would auto-run. When it finished but then it was “starting up, please wait” for 30 minutes while I bit my nails. After that it was just fine.

(Well not just fine, when accessing a workflow it would say “lost connection” and we couldn’t save… well we could save if we left the workflow and generated a modal warning to save, but the normal save button was gone. That was also fixed by tweaking the env file to set the server messages explicitly.)

One thing I’ll mention - if you have a lot of data from pre-1.0, the migration can take quite a while :see_no_evil: I’m glad you also could tweak the env file to get that connection issue to go away too.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.