Updating multiple columns on monday.com

Describe the issue/error/question

Trying to update multiple columns in an item on a Monday Board.
I have had success updating two text field.
I have tried to update an email field and a date field with no success.
I have searched for documentation but there is not much out there.
My whole project is to get data from postgres and add / update to monday board.

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘change_multiple_column_values’)

Details

Stack
TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘change_multiple_column_values’)
at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/MondayCom/MondayCom.node.js:481:58)
at runMicrotasks ()
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
at async Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/src/Workflow.js:619:28)
at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:557:53

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version: Latest Stable
  • **Database you’re using:Postgres
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • **Running n8n via n8n.cloud

Thanks for reporting this @gariva, and sorry for the trouble. I could reproduce this problem using a simple workflow like below and based on the error message it seems n8n doesn’t get a response property (this one) it expects from Monday. Perhaps @Jon can take a look into this node when he has a bit of time?

Hi @MutedJam , thanks for taking a look. I have solved my problem. I think it has to do with the format of the JSON. I think does not need the [].

2 Likes

Amazing, thanks so much for confirming!

@gariva , is there any possibility that you tell how you solve this? I have the same problem

Sorry for the late answer…Yes sure… I used the monday.com node and selected the ‘change multiple columns value’. You have to be very careful on what you put on the ‘Column Values’. I has to be on json format and it is very strict. Use the following monday api reference to get the syntax on how to modify each type of column.Column types reference.
Please let me know if this helps.
Regards
Gariva.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.