Upgraded - unable to login

Going out of my mind trying to figure out how to get access to an ungraded N8N to user management

Docker is running latest image
docker pull n8nio/n8n

The docker container isnt sending emails via our sendgrid smtp for some reason, not received by sendgrid and the attempt to reset the password via the sqlite database using sqlitebrowser failed.

SMTP is configured as per other instances we run via smtp.sendgrid.net - 465 port is open but is not receiving emails

Attempted the docker management reset
docker exec -it n8n user-management:reset
→ Successfully reset the database to default user state.

Gives me the login screen

lastly I attempted to perform a db password reset on the user in the system, which isnt recognised from the frontend. Unsure how encryption works on n8n as I saw an encryption key in the folder, not sure if that is referenced for the database or if the password via the thread below works as expected (didnt for me)

Hi @Dwayne_Taylor,
I’ve tried reproducing your problem on [email protected] started with docker run -it --rm --name n8n -v ./n8n_user_management_test:/home/node/.n8n -p 5678:5678 n8nio/n8n:0.206.0, but this worked as expected. After setting up user management, I am seeing this login screen:

I am then running docker exec -it -u node n8n n8n user-management:reset:

Lastly, I stopped and restarted the n8n container by pressing Ctrl-C (to stop it) and running docker run -it --rm --name n8n -v ./n8n_user_management_test:/home/node/.n8n -p 5678:5678 n8nio/n8n:0.206.0 once again.

Now when force-reloading the n8n page in my browser I can set up a new owner account as expected:

Is there a chance you didn’t restart your n8n docker container in the process?

As for sending out messages using Sendgrid, that’s the service I use on my own n8n instance as well. SMTP options that we have seen working for Sendgrid and other services would be as follows:

Provider N8N_SMTP_HOST N8N_SMTP_PORT N8N_SMTP_USER N8N_SMTP_PASS N8N_SMTP_SENDER N8N_SMTP_SSL
Mailgun (EU) smtp.eu.mailgun.org 465 Username from the Mailgun SMTP credentials Password from the Mailgun SMTP credentials Any email from your domain true
Mailersend smtp.mailersend.net 587 Username from SMTP Settings Password from SMTP Settings Any email from your domain false
Sendgrid smtp.sendgrid.net 465 apikey (the word apikey, not the key itself) Sendgrid API key with permission to send mails Any email authenticated in Sendgrid true
Netcup Provided by Netcup, usually {hostname}.netcup.net 465 Your email Your email password Same value as N8N_SMTP_USER true
Microsoft 365 smtp.office365.com 587 Your email address Your password or app token if using MFA Same value as N8N_SMTP_USER false
GMail (TLS / STARTTLS) smtp.gmail.com 587 Your email Your password or app token if using MFA Same value as N8N_SMTP_USER false
GMail (SSL) smtp.gmail.com 465 Your email Your password or app token if using MFA Same value as N8N_SMTP_USER true
AWS SES email-smtp.{region}.amazonaws.com 587 SMTP Username generated in AWS SMTP Password Generated in AWS Any verified identity false
SendLayer smtp.sendlayer.net 587 SMTP Username generated in SendLayer SMTP Password generated in SendLayer Any verified identity false
SendInBlue smtp-relay.sendinblue.com 587 Username from SMTP Settings Password from SMTP Settings Any email from your domain if verified false

Hey mate

Did up a video walk through of my setup
https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/13108639?key=00bf5f49a71e0f8886ddccfc12d0849d

I have this setup running on 3 other instances that have successfully migrated and I did remember the password and actually saved it so dont have this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.