Upload binary files to google drive = ERROR: No binary data exists on item!

I try to upload some pdf files that i get from wise.com node to the google drive , but for some reason even if wise node has as output 10 binary files named: data when i try to upload it on google drive i get this error:

NodeOperationError: No binary data exists on item!
    at assertBinaryData (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/NodeExecuteFunctions.js:694:15)

I try to understand what i am doing wrong but to be honest i am not sure as there are binary files in input, so why google drive not dettls me there are not , is hard to understand.

n8n Version:1.20.0

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

It looks like you have at least 8 items but only 3 have binary data. Meaning 5 do not have binary data and that is why it fails.
Is important to remember that in n8n a node always executes once per item.

Hi, i did not add the full screenshot there, there are 13 items and all 13 have binary data, so what i should do is use a loop right? in order to upload the data?

Are you sure all have binary data? Because your screenshot says specifically that the item with the index 5 does not have binary data:
Screenshot from 2024-01-02 11-17-00

Meaning it processed fine for items 0-4 and then on the 5th it failed for that reason

Ok, so for example here i download from wise 14 pdf files and i try to upload one by one on google drive, when it gets to file number 6 it gives me error, no bidary data exists on item even if i can see it in the list, there are 14 binary data, but it breaks on number 6 and i do not understand , when i click on view, i can see all the details, so pdf is not corupt, i am little bit unsure what is going on there :frowning:
Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 14.36.42

I actually wrote it wrong above because it is the 0 based, would it fail on the 6th item (as this one would have index 5).

How does it look like when you select 6 of 6 on the Loop-Node (so the last screenshot). Because that is the one that fails.

btw. this screenshot shows that there is no binary data:

It seems that out of 14 transactions n8n was able to download just 10 of them , so maybe item number 6 it was not able to download? So this means there is a problem with wise node that did not output anything on intem 6?

n8n nodes are just a thin wrapper around the API. So, even though it is possible that there is something wrong with the node, is the chance higher that the API does not return a file for some reason. So I would probably start and look into Wise and what is different between the ones where data does get returned and the ones where not. Also, check if the output of the node maybe gives some indication.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.