Uploading zip file after compression node

Does anyone know how to upload a zip file from the Compression node, to an API using multi-part form data?

Everything in this workflow works up to compressing the file, but it fails when uploading to Baserow. It reads all the URLs from a file field in Baserow, downloads the files, merges them, and compresses into a zip. And the zip downloads and works when I do it manually in that node of the Baserow editor.

Is there anything else I need to do after the compression node to prepare the file for upload to the Baserow API as a multi-part form HTTP request? Is the Compression node passing the output as binary?

This may be more of a question for the Baserow community, but I want to make sure I’m not missing a step in n8n to format the data first.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

I’m running v1.9.3 on cloud.

Hi @joseph_appsmith :wave: I’m not too sure if I’m on the same page as you or if this will work for Baserow, but would something like this suit?

A zip file will indeed be binary data, and someone else here shared their workflow to upload a binary file to Baserow:

2 Likes

Thanks @EmeraldHerald ! That did the trick. Here’s the settings I used that worked for uploading the data from the compression node to Baserow.

I have the whole workflow working now. It reads all the files from a file column, compresses them and saves the zip back to a new column in the same row!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.