Urgent problem on data set

Why when it runs the data get inverted? HELP I nedd yyyy-mm-dd

*Some nodes are exactly the same and it does not invert! weird

Hey @Fernanda_Silva,

Can you share the workflow and the input json data? That is a pretty big expression to manually type out :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe you can help me solve my problem in a simpler way:
I need these fields, which are dates, to be converted to GMT -3, for Brazil, in the format yyyy-mm-dd (ISO format). I tried using the Date Time node, but it disrupted my workflow entirely.

(above, i guess i have encounter the problem : change LocaleString to .toISOString())

Hi @Fernanda_Silva, any chance you can share the actual input values you are trying to transform? Working with dates can be tricky as there is a plethora of different formats, so seeing what your current data looks like will help getting the transformation right.

1 Like

Hello, :blush:

Well, let me explain. The date comes in this format, for example:

“2023-06-19 13:37:34”

The first issue is the time zone. Supposedly, my flows are already set to GMT -3 Sao Paulo, but the hour is +3 instead of -3. So, I made a workaround to return the date in the same format (yyyy-mm-dd hh-mm-ss) and subtract 3 hours. In other words, the expression:

{{ new Date(new Date($node[‘Update Deal’].json.update_time).getTime() - (3 * 60 * 60 * 1000)).toISOString().replace(‘T’, ’ ').slice(0, -5).replace(/(\d{4})-(\d{2})-(\d{2}), (\d{2}):(\d{2}):(\d{2})/, ‘$1-$2-$3 $4:$5:$6’).replace(///g, ‘-’) }}

will return:

“2023-06-19 10:37:34”

Thank you. Assuming this time already represents America/Sao_Paulo time, you can parse it like so using Luxon (where $json.SaoPauloTimestamp references the incoming data):

{{ DateTime.fromFormat($json.SaoPauloTimestamp, "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss", { "zone": "America/Sao_Paulo" }) }}

Parsing UTC time works pretty much the same:

{{ DateTime.fromFormat($json.UtcTimestamp, "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss", { "zone": "UTC" }) }}

Now with this Luxon object you can easily format it just the way you want using the .toFormat() method. For the format you’d like to see, simply append .toFormat("yyyy-MM-dd") to the example expression above. In a workflow this could look like so:

Lastly, if for any reason you need to change the time zone on the fly you can do this by adding .setZone() to your expression like this:

{{
DateTime
  .fromFormat($json.UtcTimestamp, "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss", { "zone": "UTC" })
  .setZone("Asia/Tokyo")
  .toFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss")
}}

These examples should all work regardless of your workflow, instance, or server time zone settings. Hope this helps when working with time stamps and time zones :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow this Luxon code is so elegant!
Thank you very much, I’m going to go read the documentation right away!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.