Use proxyjump in SSH Credentials

Describe the problem/error/question

Is it possible to connect to a server using ssh credentials but using a proxyjump command (eg I want to connect to one of my server through a bastion)

I could not find an option field in the SSH Credential or questions/plugins for this configuration.

• n8n version: 1.24.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): don’t know
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system:

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @cva,

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

We don’t have a direct option for this but I guess it would depend on your jumpbox settings. Does it proxy the connections through for you or are you required to then start another SSH session to connect to your end host?

Hey @Jon

Thanks for answering quickly and thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

The jumpbox doesn’t by itself doesn’t do much. It simply validate one privatekey and then launch another ssh command with a different key to a target server( cf : https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/ssh-proxy-bastion-proxyjump )

The thing is both private key are on the machine initiating the connection, here the n8n instance. Which mean I can not SSH on the bastion server and run another ssh command via n8n as the bastion doesn’t have the privatekey for the target server.

Hey @cva,

The quick answer is currently this is not supported in the SSH node but I will take a look and see if it is something that can be implemented fairly easily.

Awesome thanks for having a look!

Will keep an eye on your answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @jon any chance you had time to have a look at this topic?

Hey @cva,

I had a quick look and it doesn’t look like there is a quick way to add this, What I will do though is change this to a feature request so we can track how popular it would be.