User and Privilege Management [GOT CREATED]

Just to clarify, the v1 feature is currently under development :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@maxT @sirdavidoff just to be a pestā€¦ How is the v1 looking? Need anyone to test it yet :smiley:

2 Likes

We had to make some architectural changes to credentials to lay the groundwork for user management. That will be released in the next couple of weeks, and then it shouldnā€™t be long until the user management MVP is out.

The MVP will allow you to have different users on the same instance, so they canā€™t see each otherā€™s workflows and credentials. After that we will layer on sharing.

5 Likes

nice job :slightly_smiling_face:

Any updates on this? Looking forward to it!

Hey there, also looking forward to updates on this! :slight_smile:

Still in progress :slight_smile: For a bit of context, weā€™re working on ramping up our Engineering resources so we have more bandwidth and can ship more features faster. Caveat to this is that we get a little bit slower as we work to add more developers (onboarding/ hiring etc). Nonetheless, we are getting closer to releasing MVP user management.

Thank you everyone for your patience, very excited to launch this one :rocket:

6 Likes

Glad to know that and waiting for that ~

3 Likes

Hi @maxT

Is there any update on this? It would be a very very big value add to our team and we are very excited for it to be implemented. Would it please be possible to get an ETA potentially?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey @maxT , Iā€™m also eagerly awaiting an update on User Management :smiley:

1 Like

I think initially in phase 1 I did like to see an admin role. Who can build workflows, add users, etc. & then a read only/analyst role that canā€™t create/edit/delete workflow but can only execute workflows that exist.

4 Likes

Waiting too

1 Like

According to the commits, it may takes more time to release.
https://github.com/n8n-io/n8n/compare/user-management-backend

1 Like

BTW, if you ever need to test please include me :grinning: Cannot wait for this to release (but no pressure, I am just excited!)

3 Likes

Hey all, thereā€™s some good news on user management: @sirdavidoff is looking for alpha testers of the upcoming feature meaning the MVP version is coming very soon!

If youā€™re interested in testing this feature ahead of everyone else, shoot him a DM!

5 Likes

Thanks, @MutedJam!

Just to add: the first version of user management will feature sandboxed user accounts, so you can have multiple users who canā€™t see each otherā€™s workflows or credentials. (Sharing these between users will come later).

If thatā€™s something youā€™d like to help test please get in touch via DM.

2 Likes

Hi !

I canā€™t achieve to find how I can send DM, but iā€™m interested in testing this feature :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot !

Hey @AlexisDucastel,

If you click (or tap) on Davids name above there should be a message option.

Hi @Jon !

I do not have the expected letter icon, here is what I do have :

Maybe Iā€™m lacking some rights ?

Hey @AlexisDucastel,

That could be it, maybe new users donā€™t have that right.

I am sure @sirdavidoff will see you are interested :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like