Using variables for further use within Chatbot workflow

Describe the problem/error/question

I would like to store values that I get from a client who communicates with my chatbot to be able to use it later in the ongoing conversation (using multiple Switch components, getting information provided by a client at the beginning of a conversation.

My chatbot is based on calling our existing API by using HTTPS requests.
There is no AI element at all. Thanks!

Please share your workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: It’s the Community Edition.
  • Database (default: SQLite): It’s default.
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • **Running n8n via Docker (I am not sure)
  • Operating system: (probably Linux)

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

n8n version: 1.26.0
Database: SQLite
n8N EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting: probably own
Running n8n via: Docker
Operating system: Linux

Hey @Zbynislav,

Welcome to the community :cake:

Have you thought about saving the webhook request data to a database so you can query it in future runs of the workflow if needed? Maybe something like Baserow / Airtable or Redis / Postgres depending on what you are comfortable using.

Hello,
I suppose you are referring to the continuous generation of the bearer token for every request. It’s not ideal, but I meant using variables for storing parameters related to “client movement” in a chatbot.

Let’s say a chatbot is divided into a few sections based on the topic. And I would like to be able to save a client walkthrough (Client X has already got to section A and he is going to section B). I want to use this information in order to use it in further if or switcher components.

Is it understandable, or do you need more detail?

Thanks.

Zbyněk

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.