Using variables for further use within Chatbot workflow

Describe the problem/error/question

I would like to store values that I get from a client who communicates with my chatbot to be able to use it later in the ongoing conversation (using multiple Switch components, getting information provided by a client at the beginning of a conversation.

My chatbot is based on calling our existing API by using HTTPS requests.
There is no AI element at all. Thanks!

Please share your workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: It’s the Community Edition.
  • Database (default: SQLite): It’s default.
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • **Running n8n via Docker (I am not sure)
  • Operating system: (probably Linux)

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

n8n version: 1.26.0
Database: SQLite
n8N EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting: probably own
Running n8n via: Docker
Operating system: Linux

Hey @Zbynislav,

Welcome to the community :cake:

Have you thought about saving the webhook request data to a database so you can query it in future runs of the workflow if needed? Maybe something like Baserow / Airtable or Redis / Postgres depending on what you are comfortable using.

Hello,
I suppose you are referring to the continuous generation of the bearer token for every request. It’s not ideal, but I meant using variables for storing parameters related to “client movement” in a chatbot.

Let’s say a chatbot is divided into a few sections based on the topic. And I would like to be able to save a client walkthrough (Client X has already got to section A and he is going to section B). I want to use this information in order to use it in further if or switcher components.

Is it understandable, or do you need more detail?

Thanks.

Zbyněk