Volume editor-ui folder in docker? It's possible?

Hello community, great project!

I have a question about whether it is possible to generate a volume in Docker, from the packages/editor-ui folder, to later make changes to the interface.

Thanks in advance,
Massimo

Welcome to the community @massimo!

Yes, that should be possible without a problem. You just have to make sure to build the editor-UI properly and mount it to the correct location.

Thanks for the immediate response Jan.

Could you tell me, please, the correct location to the folder I should indicate to the docker-compose.yml?

If you use the regular n8n docker image, then would you have to mount the already built editor-ui to the folder:

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-editor-ui/dist/

This is the error I get when I start docker-compose. How can I solve it? Thanks for your time and dedication to this great project, Jan. I think it has changed many lives and many projects.

n8n          |  ›   Error: There was an error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/usr/l
n8n          |  ›   ocal/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-editor-ui/dist/index.html'
n8n          |  ›   Error: There was an error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/usr/l
n8n          |  ›   ocal/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-editor-ui/dist/index.html'
n8n exited with code 2

It sounds like you mount the wrong folder. It has to be the dist folder with the already built frontend. The folder you mount does not contain an index.html file and fails for that reason.

And thanks a lot for the kind words. That is great to hear!