We need your feedback to make an upcoming feature better!

Hey all, Max from n8n’s design team here :wave:
I have a quick ask to better understand what terminology makes most sense to you in-app. Please take a look at the screenshot below and DM me or post below what verb comes to mind for you…
We have data in the “Customer Datastore” node and want to ______ it to a field in the Set node.

Your verb doesn’t have to 100% match that sentence, just the term you’d use for this type of action.

Thanks a lot!

Hi there,

As far as I saw in most of the no code/low code tools, “bind” is the most common term for defining the action that allows us to set a value to the another key/property.

3 Likes

Thanks @samaritan ! Please do keep it coming folks. If you want to post one that was already posted (like @samaritan 's “bind”) then just “heart” that reply :slight_smile:

We often use the terms map, link, or bind interchangeably in this context.

2 Likes

Bind or set

2 Likes

I always use the word “map” in this kind of context.
But this might not always be the clearest word to use.

For this sentence I would go very basic in wording:
We have data in the “Customer Datastore” node and want to use (part of) it to set it as the value for a field in the Set node.
or
We have data in the “Customer Datastore” node and want to use (part of) it as the value for a field in the Set node.

It all depends on who it is for.
More experienced people will know the word map(or any other word that was listed here), but for some I would only use basic English words and just form the sentence a bit different.

2 Likes

For me I understand both sentences with same objective or same result.

1 Like

We have data in the “Customer Datastore” node and want to ______ it to a field in the Set node.

link it
or
add it

1 Like