Webhook Input

Hello folks,
i have the problem that i get wrongly formatted json on a n8n webhook and therefore the webhook doesn’t work. is there a way to format the data in n8n so that the webhook accepts it?

here is an example of the json i get:

"{\"finger\":\"123456789\",\"field\":[{\"name\":\"Stuff\",\"type\":\"yes-no\",\"version\":\"1.0.1\",\"node\":\"3ABCDEFG\",\"slot\":\"answer\",\"string\":\"yes\",\"value\":\"yes\",\"modified\":false,\"time\":1593169800140,\"key\":\"1b2b3b4b5b7\"}"

and thats the errors i get:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token " in JSON at position 0
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at createStrictSyntaxError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/body-parser/lib/types/json.js:158:10)
    at parse (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/body-parser/lib/types/json.js:83:15)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/body-parser/lib/read.js:121:18
    at invokeCallback (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/raw-body/index.js:224:16)
    at done (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/raw-body/index.js:213:7)
    at IncomingMessage.onEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/raw-body/index.js:273:7)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:322:22)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1187:12)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21)

Hey @Recycking welcome to the community. As far as I know that is not possible, you have to send a well formatted JSON to the webhook.

thanks for your reply @RicardoE105 ! i thought there was a way to just accept what comes and then format it.