Webhook Node Executing Multiple Times After Adding Bot to New Channel (Execution Type : Production )

Here are our scenarios,

The testing has been completed in channel A, and the process is running smoothly, even with the production URL enabled. So we have added the slack bot app to the another channel B. After adding the channel B and triggered the workflow, we are continuously getting message.

I have verified that, Webhook node response type is “Immediately” and response code 200

We couldn’t understand it, what happen around it. Please help me to understand the issue.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: Version 0.225.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): -
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): own
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): : docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

Hi All,

Is it possible to configure the Slack bot app in n8n to work with multiple channels? Although I’ve set up the Slack bot app in several channels, it doesn’t behave as expected. Instead, it executes multiple times, causing issues. I’m seeking assistance to address this concern as it is currently blocking our project from progressing to production.

It’s working well in parent channel, which I tested fully, but if i configured into multiple channel, it’s not working well

Here are the screenshot for your references,

Webhook Configuration :

Parent Channel :

Other Channels :

Discovered the solution on my own. The issue was caused by an unnecessary event subscription that was reading history and triggering responses consecutively. Upon removing the events subscription, the responses are now received as expected.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 1.00.29 PM

Thank you

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.