Webhook queue

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding Webhooks, i.e. whether it records the operation queue. Let me explain better: If the workflow is turned off and inputs arrive on the webhoo, what happens when I turn it back on? Does it resume the queue?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @IvanLao, unfortunately n8n does not have a built-in queue for incoming webhooks. So if your workflow is disabled, incoming requests would simply error.

If you want to ensure no requests are lost you could consider using a 3rd party service in front of n8n which allows queuing incoming requests. Hookdeck would be an example of such a service which I’ve used in the past for this.

Thanks for your help. How can I use this software you are talking about? hookdeck. Is there a guide I can refer to? I registered and I’m at this point you see in the screenshot

1 Like

This really is more a Hookdeck question rather than an n8n question, so I suggest you check their documentation for details or ask their community if you need assistance.

But assuming your webhook is a POST webhook with a production URL of https://mutedjam.app.n8n.cloud/webhook/1c04b027-39d2-491a-a9c6-194289fe400c, the setup should look like so (where the n8n webhook production URL goes into the “Endpoint URL” field):

Once you click on Create Hookdeck will provide you with a new webhook URL:

You can now call this URL:

Once you’ve made your first request Hookdeck will receive it, then try to pass it on to n8n. In case the request fails (for example because your n8n instance is temporarily offline or because you have disabled the workflow), Hookdeck will keep it and retry forwarding it to n8n in line with your retry settings:

You can configure these settings on a connection level:

Hope this helps!

Thanks, it seems like a great solution

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.