What is missing in my postgres configuration?

Describe the problem/error/question

Hello everybody! I’m testing n8n locally, and i’ve been some gaps in my configuration.

First, i’m running project:

pnpm build; pnpm start;

And running postgres with docker, like this:

docker run -p 5432:5432 -v /tmp/database:/var/lib/postgresql/data -e POSTGRES_PASSWORD=1234 -d postgres

And, my question is: how i see database infos? I’m using beekeeper, and idk how i connect to a database that n8n use to save infos. My connection infos is:

When i run test connection, everything is ok! But, don’t have data of n8n! What is missing from the configuration process?

I know that this question is a little… dumb. I realized that I dont need to run docker postgres, but, i keep my first question, how i can see data in db?

Hi @trickaugusto, welcome to the community!

So there’s two aspects to your questions. The first being about not seeing any n8n data in PostgreSQL. This will be because n8n uses a SQLite database file by default (the database.sqlite file in the ~/.n8n directory). If you’d rather have n8n use your PostgreSQL database you’d need to set the DB_TYPE=postgresdb environment variable as well as the other PostgreSQL-specific environment variables.

To see the data living in the default SQLite database you can simply open it using Beekeeper Studio like so:

You should then see the full database structure used by n8n:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Let me know if you run into any trouble with this.

Everything ok! I kept sqlite.

Thank you for your help! =)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.