Why am I not able to upload files to AWS S3?

I’m using the latest stable version of n8n (1.32.2)

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

hello @moshi

You have to provide the bucket name. Not ARN. In your case, it would be testingbucket-ea

3 Likes

@barn4k Thank you! That worked, follow up question with the output. The Location seems to be an XML file, but what I wanted was just a link to be able to hear the sound. What would a work around be?

Its should not be an xml, its a file “data” without the extenstion. You need to save the proper filename in the filename field instead of “data”

{{ $binary.data.fileName }}

I tried that, but when I open the link (https://457972345.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/audio.mp3) I get a access denied:

You will need to modify the bucket ACL or be logged in to the AWS to download it.

Or you can use the S3 Node with Download file action in n8n.

What would I put for the S3 Endpoint? @barn4k

You don’t need this one, use the AWS S3 node:

This doesn’t give me what I want though. I literally just need a media url that is shareable. The actual link to the media. It seems like the download file feature just gives you the mp3 binary data. Which brings me back to square one, since the whole point is that I already have the mp3 binary data and need to get the sharable media url.

As far as I know, n8n s3 node does not have the generate presigned url method, that is able to create a shareble links

Shouldn’t there be a way to do it through the API docs of AWS S3. Is there an alternative easier solution?

The easiest solution is to attach the file to the email and send it :sweat_smile:

Well… technically you CAN install the aws cli into the n8n instance, configure the aws profile and generate url via n8n’s Execute Command node, but that won’t be easy

@Jon do you know if that possible to add the Generate Presigned URL for the AWS S3 Node ( File Operations)?

That is not a bad feature request, I think we could look at adding it but I don’t have any timeframes. I would recommend a feature request for now so we don’t lose the idea.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.