Why aren't my 2 Node notion executed in the rest?

Describe the problem/error/question

Hello, just now I tested my workflow and all worked fine but now for some unknown reason it won’t execute the first node. Yet I put a merge node. Theoretically, I should wait for the 2 nodes to merge before moving on to the next step.

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
    own
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
    Docker
  • Operating system:
    Linux

Please make sure to fill the topic template instead of simply deleting it. We created it because it helps us to answer questions more efficiently and correct. Thanks!

1 Like

You’re right. I got the template back and it should be better. @jan

Thanks. Could you please add the exact version number. Because latest could mean many different things (the latest and so highest version that currently exists, the version we have set as latest, the version that was marked latest whenever you deployed n8n last, …).

1 Like

Capture d’écran 2023-07-28 à 21.24.59
I think I know where the potential bug comes from. The error occurs if I activate a node’s play. As for the “Executing Workflow” button at the bottom, it executes the 2 notion nodes before moving on to the next one. @jan

Ah, that makes then sadly sense. Manually executing a later node will often cause problems, especially if Merge-Nodes are involved. There is simply no way of knowing which nodes should execute as you will either end up executing too few or too many nodes.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the info, so I’m going to run this kind of workflow in the classic way. Thank you for your answer and have a nice day.

1 Like

Great to hear that you are now unblocked. You are welcome. Have fun and also a nice day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.