Why come to my UI page after my link and let me log in, but this email and password can't be wrong. It always prompts me "Wrong username or password. Do you have caps lock on?"

Describe the issue/error/question

Why come to my UI page after my link and let me log in, but this email and password can’t be wrong. It always prompts me “Wrong username or password. Do you have caps lock on?”

What is the error message (if any)?

401 Wrong username or password. Do you have caps lock on?

Please share the workflow

(Select the nodes and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow respectively)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

Hi @Tk8and15, you are probably entering the wrong credentials for the instance you are connecting to. From looking at your first screenshot you are running an npm-version of n8n (version 0.208.1), but your other posts and second screenshot suggests you’re also using a Docker version of n8n (version 0.205.0).

You’d need to make sure to enter the correct credentials for the respective instance.

The npm version would most like use an SQLite database in the .n8n folder of your user directory (C:\Users\Tk8and15 where Tk8and15 is your Windows username). If you’re just testing stuff and have no production data you care about you could just delete the .n8n folder in order to start from scratch.

If you want to keep your existing data you can use the CLI to reset your user credentials: CLI commands - n8n Documentation

Thank you for your reply. I have solved this problem before, but thank you all the same.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.