Wordpress Rest API issue -> 404 "rest_no_route"

Hello,

I have two HTTP request. One from API Discogs to get information and another to create a post to Wordpress using Rest API.
When I make a simple consult using GET, it works fine, but when I try to use POST method, not work.
I use localhost for my site.
The URL is: http://localhost/muzicrave/wp-json/acf/v3/artista

message": “404 - {“code”:“rest_no_route”,“message”:“No route was found matching the URL and request method.”,“data”:{“status”:404}}”

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: → 1.6.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: I’m using desktop.app

Hi @cesar_dev, I am very sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I quickly gave this a go on my end but didn’t run into any trouble with sending POST requests to localhost from the n8n desktop app (using a mock server that replies to whatever request I am sending):

The 404 status would also be an error coming from your machine, n8n would send an error such as getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND if it can’t find a hostname you have provided.

Is there a chance you are simply using the wrong endpoint? Any chance you can share a link to the documentation for you Wordpress API endpoint?

Hello @MutedJam,
Thanks for quickly help.
I send to you a new image of my endpoint. You can see that it works fine. I’m using ACF for Wordpress.
I’m just use ACF to REST API plugin.

Can I have to use another to get the right authorization do works fine?

Best regards,

Hi @cesar_dev, your browser would make a GET request rather than a POST request. Any chance you can double-check the API request using Postman, Insomnia, curl or a similar tool?

Hello @MutedJam, I have to install a plugin that authorize the URL of my rest API. Now it works fine.
I’m new to do this. The n8n is amazing!!!
I have one last issue.
The name of acf parameters not work.
I try everything, but nothing works.

Best regards,

1 Like

For the expressions to work you’d need to tell n8n you want to use an expression by clicking on the gears icon and then selecting Add Expression like so:

Afterwards you should be able to write the expression you have in mind manually or simply select the value you want to use in the expression editor:

Hi @MutedJam,
I made what you tell me and not work.
Take a look.

The result is “null”

Best,

Hi @cesar_dev, it looks like the request itself is working fine (you can double-check the request by temporarily using a URL provided by https://webhook.site/ to send the data to - it’s a service that simply accepts all kinds of requests and shows them).

The null in the Name field is part of the answer from your API. So I suspect they might expect a slightly different data structure to actually process your information. Do you have a link to the API reference describing the endpoint you are using?

Hello @MutedJam,
I’m using this configuration.
The default fields os Wordpress works fine, but only acf fields not work.
The link that you send to make a test to send data, not loaded.
This is my workflow

I’m new to this. I’m learning. So there is somethings that I’m not an expert.

I following this topic that has same issue.

https://community.n8n.io/t/wordpress-custom-post-type-with-acf-fields/13171/20
(I tried all solutions and not work).

Thanks for help me.

Best,
Cesar

I solved this topic.
I have to active JSON/RAW parameters and in the body Content type choose “JSON” format instead of RAW/Custom.

1 Like