hello,
I take à template from n8n to create wordpress post to medium. But form the third 3 part HTML1 i can’t keep link
So, i think this is the problem when i arrive HTTP request 1.
But from HTML1 how can i fill this field to get my link to my post ?
Information on your n8n setup
**n8n version:1.27.2
Database (default: SQLite):
n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
**Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):Docker compose
Operating system:
Imperol
February 19, 2024, 9:12am
2
@Arnaudfpm Try and check the css selectors from your code. uSE attribute href instead of the text option for a link
so i need to change this part ?
Ok i understand i select good classe CSS.
But when i arrive at
HTTP request 1, i put “link” in url. and i have error message.
what do you suggest ?
Imperol
February 20, 2024, 10:45am
5
I see why you are getting that. There are no items returned. Eg
. Copy paste this workflow to your n8n to visualize the extracted text
This is an example.
What tool are you using to select the CSS selectors?
I use google on page inspection, do you have a plugin to recommend on chrome?
I was able to select the links. But for HTTP request 1 what can i do, i need to select only link ?
Imperol
February 22, 2024, 3:09pm
8
You are doing in wrong. The link on the HTTP node should be {{ $json.link}} as an expression and not a fixed text. That way you can read all the urls from the previous node
Ok and for the last HTML i need to select title content with CSS selector right ?
Is it normal
I did it on medium, but the problem is that I have no markdown form on mediam and no link.
Imperol
February 22, 2024, 3:47pm
11
Yeah.
I do use a chrome extension called automa(automa.site). Its a browser automation tool with some good selectors you can use. Also there is one called css selectors. They can help with the css