Workflow could not be activated: There was a problem activating the workflow: "Too many simultaneous connections. (Failure)"

Describe the problem/error/question

When I try to save and activate this workflow I get the error that the workflow could not be activated due to "too many simultaneous connections(failure)

What is the error message (if any)?

There was a problem activating the workflow: "Too many simultaneous connections. (Failure)"```

## Please share your workflow

type or paste code here

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

## Share the output returned by the last node
<!-- If you need help with data transformations, please also share your expected output. -->

## Information on your n8n setup
- **n8n version:**
- **Database (default: SQLite):**
- **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):**
- **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):**
- **Operating system:**

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

n8n Version 1.26.0
Running via Docker
Ubuntu

Hi @NanoConnect,

Welcome to the community! :fireworks:

Humm, a bit odd that the error is targeting the whole workflow and not pointing at a certain node. Did you get this log when you tried to change the workflow from inactive to active or when you ran “test workflow”?

Would you be able to share the workflow? I’ts a little tricky to recreate your work just from the print screen. And it would be interesting to understand how you’re setting the parameters in those Switch Nodes

1 Like

I get the error when I try to activate the workflow, put it in production. It is a bit curious that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

The “test model” workflow connects up to the “working model”, I couldn’t paste the whole thing at once…

Thanks for getting back!

I have a few more questions that could help limit the possibilities:

What database are you using?
Could you update to a more recent version? If so, do you still run into the same issue?
And does the n8n log show anything when the error occurs?