Workflow is loading to infinity and not running

Hello,

I deployed the n8n application with postgres database in my own server and everything is OK.
But, most of the time, when I run a workflow, it stays loading to infinity. (sometimes it works fine)

When I tried to stop it, I got this error :

And in the server log I got this message :

Error: The execution id "7" could not be found.
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/src/Server.js:1031:23
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
    at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/src/ResponseHelper.js:71:26

It was a very simple workflow, just to test.

Does any one has an idea, what can be the problem causing this error ? is there any missing configuration that I should do it when deploying the n8n app in my server ?

Thanks, Best regards,

Here is the workflow I’am testing

Welcome to the community @Slaheddine_Ben_Zina!

I assume that the workflow actually finishes but because of connection issues that information gets lost. If you click on “Executions” in the menu on the left side. Does it display the workflow running there? If not, then it does actually not run anymore and would explain why it could not be stopped.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.
I understand. It is totaly normal that I can’t stop a not running workflow.
What I want to understand, why that information is lost ? and the job stays loading to infinity. Is there a configuration that I should do ?
Here is a small video to more explain my issue : https://vimeo.com/494131993

How are you running n8n? Locally/Server, Docker/npm/Git, any reverse proxy inbetween, operating system, …?

It is deployed on a server, with docker and it is managed by Kubernetes.
I figure out the problem, I was using 2 replicas pods and changed that to 1 replica.
The app now is working fine.
I think that some states/data were lost between the tow pods.

Yes that makes sense. That would cause a lot of problems.

Hi there! I don’t understand which part makes sense but I’ll share my case here.

I’m trying to use the n8n with CapRover. The one-click-install app creates two containers, one for the app and another for database.

I’m experiencing the same error as mentioned above. In fact not a single node ever executed successfully. The app only issues a log when I try to stop the execution (There was a problem stopping the execuction: The execution id “48” could not be found.) .

Also, the executions log is empty. It’s very hard to debug it without any logs. I think the process just dies.

I’m trying to execute a Postgres node with a very simple query such as “select count(id) from my_table;”

No idea what I should do next.

Cheers

Welcome to the community @robsonmwoc!

Have sadly no experience with CapRover but can you not see if the process dies or not? Like for example since when a container is running?

About the problem that there are no executions saved. Are you running the executions manually or in production mode? If you run them manually, then they do only get saved if you set that they should get saved. You can set it in in the Workflow Settings.