Describe the issue/error/question
After the last update, the webhook trigger is not working normally and the following is displayed: “ERROR: Missing node to start execution”.
Webhook configuration and system configuration that sends to n8n.
What is the error message (if any)?
ERROR: Missing node to start execution
Please make sure the workflow you’re calling contains an Execute Workflow Trigger node
Share the output returned by the last node
Information on your n8n setup
n8n version: 0.221.2
Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: Own
Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker
Hi @hlf, I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Are you using the Execute Workflow trigger node in your workflow 41 as suggested by the error message? If so, could you perhaps share workflows using which your problem can be reproduced?
The error that I was facing in all the flows that had the webhook trigger, pointed out that there was no start node, that is, I was not considering the webhook trigger as a start node, so I found a solution until I corrected this problem as follows Anyway , as I had backups of the old flows and previous versions, I put the start node that was removed from the most recent versions and, as if by magic, everything returned to normal.
Here is the example workflow on how to troubleshoot this issue until the official fix:
Hi @hlf, glad to hear you figured out a workaround
It still looks like this error is kind of intentional to me. The Execute Workflow trigger node was introduced a while back and the idea is to make this the new default entry-point when executing a sub-workflow. It seems this is now being enforced. Perhaps you might want to consider adding this node to your sub-workflows in place of the Start node?
The workflow shown in the images above is part of an automation I built to publish new posts on WordPress sites using the endpoint “/wp-json/wp/v2/posts” and publish them on a new site.
The problem was that one of the sites had domain call restrictions that only allowed domains for Zaiper and Make (formerly Intergromat). That’s why I created a free Make account just to fetch the posts and bring the data to n8n using the webhook.
Compared to these tools, n8n is much superior in terms of data processing and manipulation. The workflow execution node was only connecting this workflow to the webhook trigger when I came across the error. Looking at the several other workflows I have in n8n, I noticed the same error in all those that had the webhook trigger.
I managed to reduce this problem by adding the initial node to the workflows that were using the webhook.
So, I thought it would be good to report the problem so that it can be fixed in future updates and for anyone who encounters this problem, they have a way to work around it.v
@MutedJam I am extremely grateful for the attention and long live n8n.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.