Worklow + credentials vanished

Hey,
I’ve created a workflow on the n8n cloud version. I came back after a couple of hours and the workflow including the credentials I’ve created for that workflow are gone. I’m hundred percent sure I have not deleted the workflow as well as the credentials.

Anyone experienced something like this before?

thx

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Welcome to the community @lfindeisen !

Did you maybe set up different users?

Nope, I was refreshing my browser and it was gone, it was even a shared workflow and my colleague can’t see the workflow or the credentials either

Just got told by a colleague, that another workflow vanished as well

I was working with @lfindeisen on this workflow (https://rbmh.app.n8n.cloud): [workflow/7UGquldd3W4MgORm]. Like Lutz wrote the workflow suddenly disappeared, it was a shared workflow with shared credentials, both vanished. This is not the first time that happened according to one of our colleagues. Luckily I had the workflow still open in a browser tab and could download the workflow as json and re-import it, the credentials were lost though.

Welcome to the community @amikschovsky !

@lfindeisen That is very scary. We will investigate and get back to you.

1 Like

@jan more information is trickling in - another colleague upgraded our instance yesterday afternoon, should not impact workflows but just fyi

We updated your SQLite DB to be more resilient (we enabled WAL mode). This should help but we are still checking and monitoring what is going on here, as we never had that problem in the past. Please inform us if that ever happens again.

Will do.
It seems that other users reported vanished workflows as well:
Some worflows just disappeared - Questions - n8n
Even though this has been reported quite some time ago.

Honestly, I think that was a different issue. That said, we are currently doing a deep dive of what could cause this. But as we cannot reproduce it, it is sadly not that simple. But we already have some ideas that we are exploring.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.