Wrong time displayed in "Workflow Executions" overview after transition to winter time

Describe the issue/error/question

Hi there,
the odd behavior occurs in the “Workflow Executions” overview. Whenever a workflow is running, the time is being displayed correctly. However once the workflow has been completed, the recorded time is -1 hour. I was made aware of the odd behavior after the transition to winter time a couple of days ago xD

I checked the following times/timezones. All of them are correct:

• n8n server host
  • n8n and postgres docker container
  • n8n (defined in docker-compose.yml with GENERIC_TIMEZONE=Europe/Berlin )
  • Windows VM I’m using to access the n8n web interface over chrome

The n8n instance is running in a corporate environment. I could not reproduce this behavior on any other n8n instance.

I suspect the “Workflow Executions” overview displays the time based on the user location/timezone and not the timezone defined with the GENERIC_TIMEZONE variable.

I hope someone knows where the “Workflow Executions” overview gets its time from? Any other ideas are also welcome! : )

Working with n8n is enjoyable, I’ts really neat ^^
Thank you very much!

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.202.1
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): postgres 14 (docker container)
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: docker compose

Hey @user575,

Welcome to the community :cake:

Do you also have the TZ option set in the env options? I am wondering if maybe the Schedule is showing the correct times at first with GENERIC_TIMEZONE but the container for some reason has not updated the time yet.

Hi @Jon ,
Thanks for your answer! : )
Are you referring to the docker env options?

I set the timezone inside docker by just mapping the timezone and localtime files into to containers like this:

volumes:
      - /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro  

I’m going to try to use a docker specific variable instead : )

By the way the time in chrome is correct. I confirmed it using the developer tools like this:

new Date().getTimezoneOffset()

output:

Hey @user575,

It is more the TZ env option specifically, I have have issues with my own instances in the past when I have not set it.

Hi @Jon,
in my docker-compose file I commented out my old solution to map the timezone into the containers:

volumes:
      #- /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro
      #- /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro

… and used the TZ variable instead

environment:
      - TZ=Europe/Berlin

After applying the change (docker-compose up -d) I did not see change. The time in the “Workflow Executions” overview still lags 1 hour behind. I’ll continue to play around with different timezone settings… : )