Xero node returning error on "Return all"

Hi,

I’ve started using N8N (self hosted) to automate a few tasks.

I tried to get all customers from Xero with the xero node.

If i tell it to receive 100, it works, it shows up to 100 contacts. If i ask it to “return all” i get the following error:

403 - {“Type”:null,“Title”:“Forbidden”,“Status”:403,“Detail”:“AuthenticationUnsuccessful”,“Instance”:“2c48bcc4-2dc5-409e-9e3e-8d02cf3fdffc”,“Extensions”:{}} - 403 - {“Type”:null,“Title”:“Forbidden”,“Status”:403,“Detail”:“AuthenticationUnsuccessful”,“Instance”:“2c48bcc4-2dc5-409e-9e3e-8d02cf3fdffc”,“Extensions”:{}}

i saw someone else have this problem and apparently it went away. I saw that last week, had that issue. i tried again today and it’s still there.

Any light to help solve this, would be great.

Thanks

Version 1.26.0 ( i see 1.27.2 is released, and will update)
Database: Default
running on docker
execution process would be default

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Updated, thanks!

There’s no answerr in that thread ??

Hey @paulyy,

The issue in the other thread resolved itself and it was not related to n8n in the end and was instead something funky with Xero. I suspect this could be a similar issue here but it woudl be worth an update just to be safe.

Hey @Jon

Just updated, same issue.
no issues anywhere else using xero. as soon as i check the “Return All” box, it throws that error trying to get all contacts.

Hey @paulyy,

That is the same as when this was reported before, Everything was fine apart from the Get All then it suddenly started to work.

Do you have a lot of items going into your Xero node or is it the first / second node in the workflow?

Hey @Jon

Exactly the same.
And yes, i can do everything (that i have tried) create invoice, create contact. get 100 contacts. update invoice etc.

as soon as i get it to get more than 100, that’s when the error comes.

Its the 2nd node. 1st is a trigger. goal was to get all contact into a MySQL db.

Hey @paulyy,

That is unusual, I will check on Monday when I get back to see if we have an issue although I am not aware of any changes to the Xero node.

n8n version 1.29.1 via Docker
I seem to be having this issuse also, with the Get Many invoices option in the node.
Works fine for up to 100 then fails immediately with a Return All option selected.
Also, if you try to change to an Expression in the node to bring back say 200 results, then you only get 100 back in the output.

Also noticed while testing this occurs when retrieving the detailed response from Xero, rather than the summary. Ie if you add a Status of “AUTHORISED” that gives you back a response for 100 invoices, BUT if you leave all the Statuses out, then you receive a full amount of summary lines only as per Accounting API Invoices — Xero Developer

• When you retrieve multiple invoices, only a summary of the contact is returned and no line details are returned – this is to keep the response more compact.
  • When you retrieve invoices by querying by Statuses, pagination is enforced by default.

So I guess the issue is there is no pagination for detailed lines where the response is > 100

Hey @Mattwanz,

Welcome to the community :tada:

The 100 item limit is enfored by Xero and we don’t have any control over that which is why you can’t manually get 101 items, It does however look like we might have an issue in our pagination logic for the node which will need to be fixed.

Just another note to say that the “Return All” results in a 403 forbidden result when loading contacts