Zendesk - add/remove tag

Describe the problem/error/question

I can see Zendesk Node and operation “Update”, however, I cannot see if I can add/remove tags to Zendesk ticket.

What is the error message (if any)?

Not relevant

Please share your workflow

Not relevant

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: - 1.31.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu

@Angel_Todorov , the node comes with the list of fields that you can update including tags.

It seems the interface you showed me differs from what I see on my end. I use self hosted version 1.31.2
See it below

If you can help me figure it where exactly I can find Tag Names or IDs that would be great.

Thanks!

@Angel_Todorov , try scrolling down that list or start typing “tag”. There are more items following the last one on your screenshot.

Thanks @ihortom - I didn’t notice additional items, since dropdown is missing the scrollbar. Now I can see them.

One more related question - when I use ZD node with Update ticket operation, when I add tag(s) to “Tag Names or IDs” - those tags replace the existing ticket tags.

I know ZD can add/append tags to the existing ones - Adding tags to tickets without overwriting existing tags | Zendesk Developer Docs
Is there n8n ZD note equivalent on the above?
Thanks!

1 Like

@Angel_Todorov , the document describes a few options. Here’s the implementation of Option 2.

1 Like

Thanks @ihortom - so essentially ZD add/remove tags should be done via HTTP request node, since ZD node doesn’t support it. Is that correct?

@Angel_Todorov , I’m afraid so. Zendesk node implements one Zendesk API while an ability to “add” tags as opposed to “replace” (update) requires a different API. Hence, HTTP Request node is to the rescue.