Zoho Calendar Community Node

Hi all!

I’m happy to share my first public custom node and the motivation behind it - The Zoho Calendar Node

It is for Zoho Calendar and includes most CRUD features you would expect. It is only missing the file attachment functionality which I hope to add within a couple weeks.

I don’t think there are tons of people using Zoho Calendar here, but if you’re out there give it a try and let me know how it works for you and let me know if you have any suggestions!

Motivation:
Zoho’s ecosystem is great but can be buggy and inconsistent. Zoho calendar seems to be one of the worst offenders. The integrations to Zoho Calendar works differently throughout Zoho apps and even just from different places within Zoho CRM.

The time zone offsets are inconstant and recently there was an unexpected breaking change where the time zone offset for one integration suddenly shifted by 3 hours causing mayhem. That was the breaking point that had me decide to make my own solution outside of Zoho to create calendar events so that it can finally be consistent and bug free.

I quickly released this to address that urgent production issue. Over the next month or so I’ll be focusing on:

• Adding more API features including attachments and calendar/settings functions
  • Cleaning up the code
  • Implementing testing
  • Providing thorough documentation in the README

Tomorrow I will make a workflow to act as a callable API so this can be used from within Zoho. I will share that in this thread when it’s done.

1 Like

Here is the workflow I will be using the most with this node…and pretty much the whole reason why I made it.

This workflow creates your own callable API for creating events with Zoho calendar.
This can be called from Zoho integrations including in Deluge script. It can also be called by other n8n workflows using the ‘Execute Workflow’ node.

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions

Node: I didn’t include webhook auth in this workflow but you should if you use it

1 Like