Add custom fonts for image edit

Hello guys.
Is there any way to add custom fonts ( some fancy fonts) to linux container ? so ican use them to write on images.

thank you.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: latest
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): default
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker - linux server

Hey @rhodesgod,

Oddly enough I was chatting to @harshil1712 about this the other day. In my testing I found that you can map your OS font folder to the docker container by adding the below to the volumes.

- /usr/share/fonts/truetype/:/usr/share/fonts/truetype/host/

If you install the fonts on your server or pop them in a folder somewhere you can just map it to the container path of /usr/share/fonts/truetype/host and give the container a bounce and they should appear.

2 Likes

Haven’t tested that day. I was the one who asked about using Custom Fonts during office hours.
:slight_smile: Glad it’s helping someone in here.

Thanks, @jon :tada:

3 Likes

Ah you was indeed :slightly_smiling_face: the good thing with docker is that ability to pass folders into the container.

1 Like

Worked like a charm. If some one needs help adding single fonts to their server this is how you do it:

1. cd into /usr/share/fonts/truetype and make a new folder mkdir “NewFont”
  2. download the font to your local computer
  3. upload it like this:
scp -r -i /location-of-private-key /location-of-folder [email protected]:/usr/share/fonts/truetype/NewFont

Don’t forget to update docker-compose.yml with - /usr/share/fonts/truetype/:/usr/share/fonts/truetype/host/ under volumes.

I tried adding emojis with this Apple Emoji .ttf but couldn’t get it to work. Anyone else have a solution to this?