AI Agent OpenAI Functions Node - Passing Specific Parameters

The idea is:

The AI Agent OpenAI Functions Node currently passes “query” as the sole parameter to whatever tool is executed. We need a way to define predetermined parameters, whether optional or required, that the AI passes when using a tool.

My use case:

For example, if creating a calendar event, I currently define the parameters for the AI within the tool definition and specify a format for the AI to formulate the query. It’d be great to instead have options within the tool node to specify parameter names and describe the value format the AI should use when selecting the tool.

I think it would be beneficial to add this because:

No longer need wonky workarounds to make tools with multiple parameter requirements work. Reduce token usage, increase reliability, makes workflow construction simpler.

Any resources to support this?

https://platform.openai.com/docs/guides/function-calling

Are you willing to work on this?

Not at the moment.

After exploring a bit more, I’d like to add that essentially what I’m asking for is an output parser option that lives between the agent’s node and each tool node. This would allow me to very easily pass instructions to individual flows without making the flows too granular. FlowiseAI handles this logic if you’re looking for an example.