Airtable authentication with Person Access Token

Hey,
I’m trying to setup Airtable node with list operation. Airtable deprecated API key in favor of PAT (person access key). I’m unable to pass authentication with PAT. It always returns 401. Have somebody successfully using Airtable with PAT? I’m sure I have proper PAT and IDs for app and table because we are using exactly the same setup in other nodejs script (outside n8n) with success.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.212.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: own(default)
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: npm
1 Like

In meantime, I figured out authorization by using HTTP Request node instead of Airtable. Just follow how to in the official Airtable documentation.

In case of the list operation (GET https://api.airtable.com/v0/{baseId}/{tableIdOrName}), you have to pass PAT as a header Authorization: Bearer your-PAR-comes-here.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

I also couldn’t get the PAT work and had to use the global API key, which gives more access than necessary. It is being deprecated by Airtable but still works.

It means that without an update, the n8n Airtable node will not be usable in the coming year:

2 Likes

Hi folks, thanks so much for reporting this!

Our engineering team is aware of this change and we should hopefully have this sorted before Airtable API keys are fully deprecated.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.