Airtable feature: Delete multiple records

Hi. I recently came across a use-case where i had to delete thousands of records in Airtable.
The best way to do that is to call the DELETE endpoint for a batch of max. 10 records, and loop it.

But, the current Airtable node does not support passing multiple record IDs at a time, if i’m not mistaken.

This is the necessary API call for this operation:

curl -v -X DELETE https://api.airtable.com/v0/<base_id>/<table_name> \
  -H "Authorization: Bearer YOUR_API_KEY" \
  -G \
  --data-urlencode 'records[]=recQSpD8h91I1d850' \
  --data-urlencode 'records[]=receGaAnw7n1Ksu4T'

I also tried achieving this via the HTTP node.
But, surprisingly, there was a limitation there as well. The HTTP node does not allow Body parameters for DELETE operations. And i couldn’t make an API call with the data in the Query parameters.
Will raise another FR for this.

I finally implemented this with Axios, in a Function node.

Kindly add this feature.
Thanks.

Ahh yes. Actually, the Node should do the batching for you. Send branches of 10 records.

btw where did you find that the max is 10 records? I could not find it in the docs.

I just found it somewhere in the Airtable community forum. I might be wrong though.

Update: Tried an API call for 10+ records. Gives an Error 422 (Invalid Request). I guess then 10 is really the limit.

Hi,
I was actually searching for same this weekend, but I was sending regular delete records, until I found this post and discovered you can do in 10. When you go to the API documentation, in the API example, it does make that reference.

1 Like