Allow the user to enter a connection string as an alternative to parameters for database credentials

The idea is:

Provide an option in the Credentials configuration UI to use a database connection string as opposed to parameters for SQL databases, such as Postgresql, MySQL, CockroachDB.

My use case:

I would like to connect to a CockroachDB serverless instance using the Postgres node. CRDB Serverless requires specifying the cluster identifier in the options db connection property to make a connection, however the current UI for configuring Postgres credentials doesn’t support specifying this parameter.

e.g. CRDB connection string:
postgresql://<dbuser>:<ENTER-SQL-USER-PASSWORD>@free-tier8.aws-ap-southeast-1.cockroachlabs.cloud:26257/defaultdb?sslmode=verify-full&options=--cluster%3D<cluster-identifier>

I think it would be beneficial to add this because:

Some managed database as a service offerings require specifying a custom database connection options in the options url query param of the connection string. Also, most providers supply a connection string anyway, so allowing input of a connection string will handle all use cases.

Any resources to support this?

Are you willing to work on this?

Yes

A cluster identifier does not appear to be a requirement in current versions of CockroachDB: Connect to a CockroachDB Cluster (cockroachlabs.com)