Anvil node

Anvil is a PDF filling service. I started using it after seeing how easy it was (thanks @richardjlo ). While the API is intuitive enough, I think a native node would be very useful.

For my usecases, most important would be the PDF Filling functionality (https://www.useanvil.com/docs/api/fill-pdf). By default, should be possible to load in available fillable PDFs connected to that account, but also optionally specify this dynamically via expressions.

Ahh I started this node long time ago but never finished it.

1 Like

Hello,
have you managed to feed pdf via the anvil api? I can’t get there at the moment.

@Jean_Paul_MASCLET I have an example I found when I did a quick test a while back. Since Anvil generates an API for each PDF template you create, it might not be that helpful but figured I’d share in the case it does help.

I don’t actually use Anvil myself so unfortunately can’t answer specific questions (just used it once or twice in May last year).

Thanks for your help, it will really help me. :pray:
I am currently blocked by authentication, I have a 500 error. I will continue to search.

@maxT I manage to feed the API and generate the pdf but I don’t know how to retrieve it. can you help me ?
Thanks a lot

@Jean_Paul_MASCLET unfortunately I can’t. If you post more details on your issue, perhaps another community member can assist.

thanks for your return.

I have a Bubble webhook that sends me some data, it’s parameterized, and then using the Anvil API to generate the PDF.

In “Show Binary Data”, I see my PDF completed with my data! Awesome. but I can’t get it back automatically.

I tried with a Binary File but it doesn’t work.

Thanks a lot.

Hey @Jean_Paul_MASCLET, do I understand you correctly here, you want to get the binary file in response to your webhook request?

If so, you might want to check out the workflow @dickhoning shared a while back:

This responds with an Excel file to a webhook request, but I’d think it works just as well for PDF files :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @MutedJam ,
My bad, I’m not very understandable I think.
I’m looking to retrieve the PDF file (populated via anvil API).
Download, send by mail, whatever the solution.
Thanks for your help again.

Ah sorry, I’ve just re-read your comment and noticed you’re not calling the Webhook URL yourself (but rather have bubble send data to it).

The suggested approach would start a download, but that doesn’t help much if it’s not you visiting the URL. If your’re fine with sending out the file via email you could just connect a Send Email node to your HTTP request node fetching the file.

Just make sure to enter data in the Attachments field (which is the binary property name your HTTP Request node uses from the looks of it):