Anyone connected to CoPilot / BingAI in n8n?

While I see a heap of stuff on using OpenAI, I’m yet to see anything (that I can find) in using MS Copilot.

Has/Is anyone using this with a workflow or instructions they could share?

It looks to be free from what I can see so would be cool to be able to connect and use it, right?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @aussiemartin thanks for reaching out and being a part of the community! We have a few threads in the forum here discussing how to get started connecting to it. N8N with Azure OpenAI

You can also look into building on top of it with custom HTTP Requests by looking at the Azure AI Studio documentation.

Beyond that, we do not have much content available. You may reach out to members in the community directly to see how they are faring, or (my favorite) just start building and share your experience! Best of luck!

Start building is what I normally do with most things and try to learn as I strike a problem. Sadly, the documentation for many things is either lacking for n8n or I’m just a little too dumb to understand them.

Anyway, I just put together a simple workflow with a valid Azure AI credential which fails. No idea why but the error given back is -

{
  "errorMessage": "Connection error.",
  "errorDetails": {},
  "n8nDetails": {
    "n8nVersion": "1.44.1 (Self Hosted)",
    "binaryDataMode": "default",
    "cause": {
      "message": "request to https://xxxxxxremoved this endpointxxxxxxxx.openai.azure.com/openai/deployments/n8n%20copilot%20api/chat/completions?api-version=2023-07-01-preview failed, reason: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND xxxxxxremoved this endpointxxxxxxxx.openai.azure.com",
      "type": "system",
      "errno": "ENOTFOUND",
      "code": "ENOTFOUND",
      "name": "FetchError"
    },
    "stackTrace": [
      "Error: Connection error.",
      "    at OpenAI.makeRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/openai/core.js:304:19)",
      "    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)",
      "    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/@langchain/openai/dist/chat_models.cjs:771:29",
      "    at RetryOperation._fn (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/p-retry/index.js:50:12)"
    ]
  }
}

I’d love to understand how best to track down and solve this too.

OK, solved by my own ignorance
I was trying to access the Bing CoPilot free plan (which is very generous) but as it turns out, there is no API attached to the free plan.
So the weird error I was getting was due to me not having a paid plan to accesss the API.
Sorry for the confusion here

‘No soup for me!’

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.