Async Workflow Nodes

Hi,

i found the following post that confirmed to me why nodes do not run in parallel.

https://community.n8n.io/t/is-there-a-way-to-make-workflow-nodes-run-in-priority-or-in-parallel/1065

Furthermore I had read that nodes run through each item to realize looping.

n8n nodes take any number of items as input, process these items, and output the results. You can think of each item as a single data point (or a single row in the output table of a node).

Since my webhook receives a request with multiple tasks, I wanted to decide in a root workflow which downstream workflow to start based on the information in the task.

Is it possible to start an asynchronous run (Execute Workflow) for each task (item)
or
Would I have to realize this with a HTTP request node to the responsible Workflow in order to run async
or
Would I even need to create a seperate service outside of n8n that recieves the tasks and calls the responsible webhook for the task?

Thanks
Eric

Hi @Eric, the second assumption is true:

Would I have to realize this with a HTTP request node to the responsible Workflow in order to run async

When using an HTTP Request node to send a request to a Webhook node in another workflow you can configure the respective Webhook node to respond immediately:

This would mean that your parent workflow continues pretty much immediately after sending the HTTP Request.

If you were to use the Execute Workflow node, your parent workflow would continue only once the child workflow execution has finished.

I hope this clarifies!