Hi there! Firstly, thanks for n8n! It’s awesome!
I believe I’ve found a bug in the Merge node. In the workflow bellow I’d expect that the “NO OP 2” node would never get executed since:
- There was no data going into the Input 2 of the Merge node
- The mode of the Merge node is set to Choose Branch
- The Output Type is set to Wait for both inputs to arrive.
Here is an execution of the workflow:
Here is the problematic workflow:
Interestingly enough, if you change the Output option of the Merge node to Input 2 and then swap the incoming connections between the inputs, it works as expected, that is, the “NO OP 2” node never gets executed:
Could you guys clarify if this behavior is expected or if there is indeed a bug?
- n8n version: 0.230.3
- Database: Postgres
- n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
- Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker self-hosted with Queue Mode (3 workers, 1 main instance, no webhook instances)
- Operating system: Alpine (official n8n image)