Cal.com Trigger Node Not Detecting New Bookings

I’m trying to trigger a workflow when a new event is booked in Cal.com, but the n8n trigger node for Cal.com is not firing when events are booked. The credentials ‘test connection’ shows that the node is connected properly, but it doesn’t get triggered when booking an event.

I was able to get it working with the webhook node though, and creating a webhook in cal.com to send to n8n. Just trying to figure out why the Cal.com trigger node won’t work. I found a similar thread here, and the user also switched to using the webhook node instead of n8n’s Cal.com trigger. Is this a bug with the Cal.com node?

I’m on v1.46.0, on n8n Cloud.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @joseph_appsmith,

Thanks for the report, Last time I tested the node it was working but I will check again to see if there is any recent API changes.

1 Like

@joseph_appsmith I have just taken a quick look, When you activate the workflow do you see the webhook being created in the cal.com admin interface? I have just given it a quick go and it appears to be working for me, I am also on a newer version of n8n so it could be worth an upgrade to see if that changes anything.

Hey @Jon , thanks for looking into it! I just updated my n8n instance but the trigger still wasn’t working. But then I realized I need to use the webhook approach anyway, because I’m trying to get bookings from a team event. Cal’s webhooks have an option to select if you want to create it under your account or the team, so this approach works better for my use case.

I think the cal.com trigger node only works with events booked with the one user who made the API key. There’s an admin API on the enterprise plan, but we’re on a teams plan, so I can only get my own bookings if I use the n8n-cal.com trigger.