Can I sync a file in google drive folder to a folder in onedrive?

I have read up on the onedrive node and searched the forum.

Seems there is a 4mb limit on uploads to onedrive.

But is it possible to to have an automation that is triggered by new a file in a specific google drive (or drop box) folder, that then syncs / copies over that file to a folder in onedrive?

If so would the 4mb limit apply?

The flow could be triggered by a cron alternatively.

Hey @Robm, from reading OneDrive Upload > 4mb, the 4 MB limitation is down to the API endpoint used by n8n. You might want to leave a vote on that feature request to support larger files in the future.

With this limitation in place it would currently not be possible to upload files larger than 4 MB, even if previously downloaded from Google Drive or Dropbox I am afraid. Even apart from this limit you might want to consider more specialized tools for syncing different cloud storages. An example would be rclone which I have suggested here:

Yes, it is possible to create an automation that is triggered by a new file in a specific Google Drive or Dropbox folder, and then syncs or copies that file to a folder in OneDrive. However, the 4MB limit on OneDrive uploads would still apply. This means that if the file being synced or copied is larger than 4MB, it will be split into multiple 4MB chunks and uploaded separately.

You can also use a cron job to trigger the flow at regular intervals, such as every hour or every day. This will ensure that all new files in the Google Drive or Dropbox folder are automatically synced or copied to OneDrive.

Here is an example of how to create an automation that is triggered by a new file in a specific Google Drive folder and syncs it to a folder in OneDrive:

• Create a new flow in Power Automate.
  • Add a “When a file is created” trigger, and select the specific Google Drive folder that you want to monitor.
  • Add an “Add file to OneDrive” action, and select the folder in OneDrive that you want to sync the files to.
  • Configure the “Add file to OneDrive” action to sync the files from the Google Drive folder to the OneDrive folder.
  • Run the flow to ensure that it is working correctly.

You can also use a third-party tool to sync files between Google Drive and OneDrive. There are several tools available that offer more features and flexibility than Power Automate like :

• CloudFuze
  • Gs Richcopy 360
  • ShareGate
  • MultCloud

These tools can also handle files larger than 4MB, and they can be configured to sync files automatically at regular intervals.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.