Chat Trigger AI

n8n version: 1.21.1
Database: SQLite
Running n8n via Docker

I am in the process of setting up the charbot on my site

The problem is that the conversation field is not displayed.

I think it’s because of this:

Access to fetch at ‘…’ from origin ‘…’ has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn’t pass access control check: No ‘Access- Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request’s mode to ‘no-cors’ to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.

In the doc which is here: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@n8n/chat
It says this: Open the Chat Trigger node and add your domain to the Allowed Origins (CORS) field. This makes sure that only requests from your domain are accepted.

However, I don’t see in the node where I can do this:

Do you have an idea??

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Jeremy_DE_CAMPOS,

I think it is meant to be a Webhook Trigger node not a Manual Chat Trigger, Can you try changing it and letting me know how that goes?

H @Jon,
In the example we have on the doc, yes, it’s a Webhook : n8n/packages/@n8n/chat/resources/workflow.json at master · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub

On the other hand, on the doc, we talk about this:

Create a n8n workflow which you want to execute via chat. The workflow has to be triggered using a Chat Trigger node.

Open the Chat Trigger node and add your domain to the Allowed Origins (CORS) field. This makes sure that only requests from your domain are accepted.

Hey @Jeremy_DE_CAMPOS,

I suspect it is just a documentation issue and we need to update it to mention the webhook trigger instead.

The docs are correct but the Chat Trigger Node did not get merged/released yet. The PR can be found here:

As pointed out is in the meantime the Webhook Node the way to go.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.