Consider using the 'Ignore SSL issues' option

Hello ,

I’m really enjoying using n8n to automate some processes.

Describe the problem/error/question

Recently I came to an issue regarding the “OneDrive” node with the option “Download File” described in the picture bellow:

As I can tell there is no option like that unless in “HTTP” node.

Note:
I’m trying this approach since there is a known problem related with shared files in “Excel” node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: = 1.29.1
  • Database (default: PostgreSQL):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker

Hello,

I get the same SSL Issue like you. So it’s also not working for me

Cheers

Ok, so just to give some feedback about the problem(s).

The “SSL Issue” is gone since I’ve updated to v1.31.1 (gladly).

Unfortunately, the request trying to get the shared file from Onedrive using the “OneDrive node” is not possible also! (like the problem from the related issue in Excel).

Can you aid in this situation? Is it possible to download the file to n8n with “HTTP request node”? How? (tried to many things with no result)
Thanks

Can you please share your current workflow by copy and pasting it into code block the </> button provides?

Thank you @liam , I’ve found an workaround for the problems with shared files already stated about OneDrive and Excel node…
The HTTP request can download de shared file to n8n and work with the content in the flow.

For that there are 2 steps needed:

1st - Perform a request to list the shared files by using “GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive/sharedWithMe

From the response you should extract the “fileID” and the “driveID” for the next step

**2nd **- Perform a request with the previous information using " GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{driveID}/items/{fileID}/content"

With this request the file is downloaded and content can be extracted with “Extract from File node”

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 13.51.42

I hope this will help someone with the need to access to OneDrive shared documents and also help the n8n team to come up with a option to get Shared files/folders at least in OneDrive nodes.

Thanks

1 Like

Are you seeing this on 1.32 as well?

Hi @Jon,
I will let you know when 1.32 merge into stable release.

Thank

Hi @Jon ,
I’ve tested in n8n version 1.32.2 and the results are:

• “Consider using the ‘Ignore SSL Issues’ option” error message is gone.
  • Shared files from Onedrive or Excel are still not accessible.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.