Consult the difference between the free version and the paid version

Here are some of my questions
1、How many workflow executions does the free version support?
2、How many active workflows does the free version support?
3、Difference between free version and paid version

Hi @Sally

Welcome to the community.
What do you mean by free version?
There are a few options which are free to use:

• self hosted
  • desktop version

And there is also n8n cloud, which does have a price and this will scale for the amount of executions and active workflows.
I am guessing you are not talking about n8n cloud.
The other versions, so self hosted and Desktop have unlimited executions. As long as the system resources allow it to run it will run every single time.
Same thing for the active workflows.

Difference would be that n8n cloud is hosted by n8n. So you do not have to worry about your environment and can get support if the environment has issues.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. I am using the self hosted version. Do you have any charging functions in this version? Or are the functions currently provided free for permanent use?

It will be free for permanent use.
You can check out the license of n8n to read up on it.

The n8n team can of course change it in the future, but I do not think this will happen. They are however looking into making paid features, but that would not change anything about the current feature set.

Also they cannot change the license for current versions of the product I think. So you should be fine for some time to come. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer! I have another question. Is there any way to set global variables for all workflows to access?

No there is not.
However, you can easily fix this with a tool like airtable or baserow for example.

There are variables you can use within a workflow though.

These methods can only be obtained in the same workflow. But what I want is to get this variable in different workflows.

That is correct, that’s why I said there is no such thing. :wink:

Your only possible solution is to have an external tool set up to deal with the data/variables you want to use in multiple workflows.

@Sally Please make sure to open a new topic. This forum will become a mess very fast and nobody will find any answer any more if we start to discuss global variables under the topic “what is the difference between the free and paid version”. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

ok,thanks!

There’s a feature request for similar functionality, pop a vote on it if you want:

2 Likes