Custom API call for every service

Integromat team has nice habit: almost each service has API call module - if some action module is missing, I can read service’s API docs and make custom call.

Example for HubSpot:

It is like the HTTP module, but with working authentication and credentials reuse for specific service.

If this will be in n8n it could be used for crowdcoding new modules - you see in analytics more users using it for specific endpoint, so ou can semi-automatically create new module based in it.

Hey @iBobik, this is a great suggestion - it’s got my vote.

@iBobik
This is a really solid proposition!
I immediately thought of Google Analytics, Teamwork, Pinterest, PageSpeed Insights, which would probably be created this way.

I would have voted but I already used my votes :frowning:

1 Like

there are so many nodes that this could be useful for that are not fully fleshed out with the entire API endpoints of abilities, my vote added

1 Like

I too like this idea very much! The good news is, something very similar is coming soon, check out this post from @Nivb_6:

When a native app node lacks an operation, it can be cumbersome to recreate that credential in the HTTP Request node and make a generic call - we feel your pain! So we’re planning to introduce an easier way to connect services (that already have a node in n8n) via the HTTP Request node.

Thanks @MutedJam for linking that post. Yes, this feature will support using native App node credentials within the HTTP Request node.

1 Like

This has been released [docs]

1 Like